These Terms and Conditions are between Marketing Yeah Ltd (“MY”) and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”, “Your”) for the MY event as described in the booking form (“Event”). You shall procure that Your attendees shall abide by these terms and conditions in every respect as if they had completed the relevant booking form themselves so as to provide MY with all rights and remedies as if Your attendees had been a party to this agreement themselves.
Confirmation of bookings
- All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by MY, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after MY has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that MY may require.
- Upon MY’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between MY and You to which these terms and conditions apply to the exclusion of any terms imposed by You.
- MY reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
- Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. MY reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by MY. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card or cheque. Payment of the Fees is of the essence. You acknowledge that MY cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
- The Fees include one place at the Event and Event materials and, if stated on the booking form, will also include refreshments and lunch.
- The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
- Under VAT Excise regulations event attendees from all countries are required to pay VAT at 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, event attendees are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of publication, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for MY to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All event attendees will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
- Attendee passes issued for use at the Event are valid for You and, subject to this clause, cannot be transferred. If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact MY as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at [email protected] or Events Co-Ordinator, Marketing Yeah Ltd, The Old School, Little Minster, Minster Lovell, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 0RS United Kingdom. MY may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that MY has received the details of such substitute) or allow You to attend the next available Event.
- If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows (please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days), which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs MY will incur as a result of cancellation:
|Written notice received by us||% of Fee to be charged|
|More than 30 days prior to the first day of the Event||25%|
|Within 30 days to the first day of the Event||100%|
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
- MY may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that MY’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and MY will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
- MY reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of MY) expose MY or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
- Please advise us of any special access and dietary requirements at the time of making your booking.
- MY reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in MY’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
- You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use only. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by MY in writing.
- All rights in all presentations, documentation and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the Event (including but not limited to any documentation packs or audio or audio-visual recording of the conference) (“Content”) are owned by MY or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. Subject to clause 15, no (i) photography, filming or recording; or (ii) republication, broadcast or other dissemination of the Content is permitted. Subject to clause 15, You shall not distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the Content, and in particular (but without limitation) You shall not (and shall procure that each of Your attendees shall not):
16.1 upload any Content into any shared system;
16.2 include any Content in a database;
16.3 include any Content in a website or on any intranet;
16.4 transmit, re-circulate or otherwise make available any Content to anyone else;
16.5 make any commercial use of the Content whatsoever; or
16.6 use Content in any way that might infringe third party rights or that may bring us or any of our affiliates into disrepute.
- The Content does not necessarily reflect our views or opinions. Views expressed by speakers are their own and MY disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event.
- Suggestions or advice contained in the Content should not be relied upon in place of professional or other advice. Whilst we take reasonable care to ensure that the Content created by MY is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied by third parties and MY are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You should verify the accuracy of any information (whether supplied by MY or third parties) before relying on it. The Content is provided on an “AS IS” basis without any warranties of any kind (express or implied). We hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liabilities, costs, claims, damages, losses and/or expenses arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the Content or arising from any infringing, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material in the Content (including any arising through negligence).
- To the extent that any Content is made available by MY online MY reserve the right to suspend or remove access to such Content at any time.
- You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of event attendees. You agree to permit MY, or any third party licensed by MY, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs. You acknowledge and accept that MY have the right to publicly announce MY’s business relationship with You which shall include but not be limited to announcements on social media.
- You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. Subject to clause 23, to the maximum extent permitted by law, MY shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property (including negligence).
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, MY shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss (including through negligence) or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- Nothing in this these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude Your or MY’s liability for:
23.1 death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence, or the negligence of that party’s employees, agents or subcontractors;
23.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
23.3 any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- You agree to indemnify MY, our staff and our affiliates and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by You (including your attendees) during or otherwise in relation to a conference.
- The names, job titles and organisations of all registered event attendees will be placed on the event attendee list for the Event. This list may be provided to sponsoring companies and to all event attendees, so that they can see who is at the Event for the purpose of networking and meetings. If You do not wish to be included on this list please email [email protected] at the time of making your booking. You and your event attendees acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the event attendee list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
- MY will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
- These terms contain the entire agreement between You and MY.
- If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
- Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
- A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
- These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit MY’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
- If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact [email protected].
- These terms and conditions were published on 11th October 2018 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.